First time Webdadi users (or those using a new computer) will need to setup their Webdadi to avoid login issues caused by popup blockers and browser security features. Webdadi works like a pop up browser in Internet Explorer.
In order to ensure that you have full access to all the Webdadi functionality that is available each user will need to set up their Webdadi just once on the computer they are using. Webdadi needs to be set up and added to your browser's trusted internet sites. You will also need to ensure that the pop up blocker facility is turned off. This can all be done by following these instructions:
To set up your Webdadi:
- Go to the Webdadi login area but DO NOT enter your username or password.
- You will see a Set Up My Webdadi button in the top left hand corner of the login area. Click on the Set Up My Webdadi button
- Click Run and then Ok to all the pop up windows that appear once a set up has begun
- This will add Webdadi to your trusted internet sites and will turn off your pop up blockers
- Close all Internet Explorer windows - ALL windows, including windows in IE that have other sites open
- Re-open Webdadi using Internet Explorer
- Add your username and password. At this point you can select the Remember me button so it will save your username and password.
NOTE: If you experience any problems when trying to setup your Webdadi, for example if you have no permissions, you can complete this task manually by following the instructions below:
- Click on Tools in the top right of your browser
- Select Internet Options
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on the green tick
- Click on the Sites button
- Add your Webdadi URL to the trusted websites list. (Make sure that the check box at the bottom Require server verification… is unchecked.)
- Click Close
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Under the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings and then add your Website to the list and save.
For more information and a PDF guide on how to do this, click on Saving your Webdadi login details in IE below.