Here is a step-by-step guide on how to provide us with your key:
- Go to this address: http://console.developers.google.com/
- Create Project (use the Dropdown Menu arrow in the top bar on the left, immediately to the right of the Google API's logo.)
- You can name this project any name that you like that is easy enough to remember. Our recommendation is that you name it the same as your website name.
- You should now be shown the Library list of Google APIs, with the library selected in the far left menu.
- Click Enable (at the top)
- A warning may appear. To use this API you may need credentials. Click Create credentials to get started.
- Click Create Credentials (far right button)
Now you need to add your credentials to the project: Just follow the onscreen instructions here.
- Now click on the blue button, What Credentials Do I need?
On the screen, Get your credentials will appear, with a corresponding API key below it. This is the key that you need to send to Webdadi. Copy and paste this key into an email.
- Send the email to email@example.com with this information and include in the header GOOGLE MAPS API – YOUR WEBSITE.
Email us via this link.
For more detailed instructions with images, refer to the Helpdesk guide following, Providing Google Maps API for Webdadi.
To DELETE a Project in Google API's you need to use the right hand menu option (3 vertical dots) and select Project settings.
This will display your current Project name with a Delete option at the top. Follow the onscreen instructions.