If your website has a search by area feature or a registration page for users to sign up to property alerts, you are able to amend and add new areas should you wish to.
To add a new area:
- Log into Webdadi
- Click on the Configuration (left menu)
- Click on the down arrow next to Geographical Areas
- Select Add
- Name the area with Area Name
- Leave Profile blank
- In Postcodes, add the first 2-3 letters for any postcodes where properties will be displayed when a user selects the area followed by a space bar and the star symbol. Example ,SW15 * or ,N1 *
NOTE: Postcodes can be added in the following ways:
,SW15 * - Written like this will return all SW15 properties
,SW16 2 - Written like this will return all SW15 2 properties
Multiple postcodes can be added to an area in the following way:
,SW15 *,SW16 *, SW4 *
NOTE: Separate the areas with a comma and no spaces
To update an existing area:
- Stay logged into Geographical Areas, from the Configuration menu
- Press List to display all areas currently listed
- Double click on the area you wish to update
- Make the changes to the page within the Description field, Transport, Schools and names.
- Postcodes can be added or updated as per the above formatting (see section To add a new area)
- If you wish to update the images that display on the main Area Guide page, or within the individual area, click on the Media tab.
- Select Browse and locate the new high res image you wish to add. Select Open to add it to Webdadi.
- Select Ok to save.