If you have an old Webdadi website that you are moving over to a new website, you may not want all of the old pages on your new website. Instead you can use the 301 Redirect function to ensure that the pages still link to somewhere on your new website, and so that you don't lose your Google rankings.
- Log into Webdadi and click Configuration from the left-hand menu
- Click the drop down menu (beside Manage – pictured above) and select 301 Redirects. Click List, to the right.
- Click Add.
- In the Summary section, type in the page that you wish to redirect from. i.e. this is the page that no longer exists. This will only be the latter part of the website.
EXAMPLE: in this just use britain http://zephyr.live.webdadi.net/britain
- In the New URL section type in the new URL that you would like the old page to redirect to.
- Click Visible.
- Click Ok to save.
- The redirect will work immediately.
Please note: DO NOT INCLUDE the / when you type in the old or new URL.
For more information on how to do this, refer to the Help Desk guide 301 Redirects.